We may be biased, but Montrose is a fantastic place to spend the summers. Here are our favorite reasons why:
- Of course, everyone loves a national park! We are so lucky to be the gateway city to the majestic Black Canyon National Park. This crown jewel of all Montrose attractions combines spectacular views with a satisfying menu of activities ranging from hiking to adrenaline-pumping rock climbing. Stay into the evening to enjoy this International Dark Sky Park with astronomy programs that will be sure to light up your inner astronomer!
- The Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area features one-of-a-kind rafting and fishing adventures in Gold Medal waters. Camping and hiking among the forests, streams and majestic peaks of the San Juan Mountains provide fertile soil for making lifelong memories with your family.
- The Montrose Water Sports Park features six drop structures, ramps and a beach along the water flows, which are perfect for kayakers and host to the Colorado FUNC Fest. Make sure to mark your calendars to attend the 5th annual event on August 9-10 featuring camping and some booty-shaking music!
- The (FREE!) Montrose Summer Music Series is presented on the first Friday in June, July, August, and September. During the summer, highly anticipated concerts are held monthly for everyone. The event is held at the Black Canyon Golf Course overlooking the majestic San Juan Mountains (the sunsets are always an added treat!). The wide variety of tunes from musicians across the country are sure to move your music-loving soul. Food and beverages (including libations) are available at the events. Bring a blanket or chair and head on down!
- The endless ways to get outside (and escape the grid if that's your thing)! From hiking and biking to world-class fishing and off-roading, we have it all! Check it all out, then hurry and make your reservations, we can't keep this place a secret for long!